COVID-19 Event Update
Dear Western Legends Fans,
We are happy to announce that we are moving forward with Western Legends Heritage and Music Festival this year on August 14th and 15th. We have modified the event in order to adapt to the ever changing landscape resulting from COVID-19.
We love our movie stars and have decided to suspend that portion of the event in order to protect them and not put them in a position to violate any of their own state’s travel orders or the challenges of quarantining upon their return. They are a valuable part of our event and will be greatly missed this year. We look forward to their return in 2021.
All of the events for 2020, will be conducted outside to better accommodate social distancing in open air.
This year we have the following scheduled:
Country Battle USA band competition
KCBS BBQ Competition
Rodeo @ Kane Plex Arena
Country Battle USA
KCBS BBQ Competition
High Noon Parade
Chris Peterson Concert and Street Dance
Everything is free to attend except the rodeo which costs $5 per person.
What we are doing to ensure local and visitor safety during COVID-19:
- We have supplied mobile, hand-washing stations throughout our fair location, rodeo, as well as down town in high-traffic areas.
- Our local businesses have received special training of “Caring for Customers during Covid.”
- All of our event components are outside for increased spacing. We cancelled or moved normal indoor activities to the outdoors this year.
- We have free surgical masks available upon request at our event information booth.
- We have a sanitation crew that will be wiping down all high-tough and high-use areas.
- Due to ever-changing travel concerns and uncertainty to commit and buy tickets, all elements of the event are free with the exception of a $5/person charge at the rodeo which can be purchased the night of.
- Lodging properties have more flexible cancellation policies in place.
Keeping it Simple:
- There will only be two locations of the event elements: Kane Plex Arena for the rodeo and all other elements will be at North Main Street.
Connecting with Loved Ones:
- This event is family friendly. We welcome all ages and the content will all be appropriate for children. Due to the number of free or low-cost elements, it will be much more affordable to include the whole family.
- Due to generous sponsorship’s, we have been able to provide most elements for free. Special thanks to our sponsors:
- Beehive Homes
- ERA Utah Properties
- Ramsay’s Service Center & Towing
- Dukes Clothing
- Grand Canyon Expeditions
- Big Al’s Burgers @ the Junction
- Kanab City
- Kanab Realty
- South Central Communications
- Love Communications
- Stage Stop
- Party Pooper
- Taylor Made Fencing
- Kanab Coal & Fuel
- Classy Landscapes
As the phased re-opening of the state’s economy progresses, our staff is diligently working on modifications to safely move forward with this event. Specific details of safety and precautionary measures and any other new changes, will be provided as we move forward in the planning process.
We will make necessary enhanced adjustments in order to minimize the health impacts of COVID-19. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there is a risk of exposure to the virus when in a public setting. By visiting this event, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
For more information about what we are doing regarding Coronavirus in Kanab, and surrounding Kane County, please go to VisitSouthernUtah.com/AboveandBeyondPromise.